Cardinal Vincent Nichols is said to be recovering after being taken unwell during a Remembrance service on Sunday.
Cardinal Vincent Nichols will appear in public for the first time since he was taken unwell during a Remembrance service last month.
The most senior Catholic leader in England and Wales shall give evidence next week to a national investigation into how child sex abuse within institutions was handled.
He will appear on Thursday 13th December as the Independent Inquiry in Child Sexual Abuse is turning its attention to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham.
The 73-year-old had been forced to leave early a ceremony at Westminster Cathedral on Sunday 11th November over an undisclosed illness.
The Inquiry will hear evidence from Cardinal Nichols next Thursday, 13 December, for our Archdiocese of Birmingham case study, part of the Roman Catholic investigation.— InquiryCSA (@InquiryCSA) December 5, 2018
Cardinal Nichols was deemed unfit to give evidence to the IICSA as planned in November and his appearance was postponed.
A statement released at the time said he was "keen" to make representations concerning his time as Archbishop of Birmingham.
A series of IICSA hearings are examining how church leaders, prosecutors, police and other agencies handled the abuse of youngsters by clergy between 1950 and 2000.
Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily newsletter and receive more stories like this straight to your inbox every morning.